CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Feed Me---A little exercise for National Eeating Disorders Awareness Week

Harriet over at the Feed Me blog had a resounding post in honor of National Eating disorder Awareness Week.

As I was reading this article on the "global obesity epidemic," I couldn't help thinking that it was in fact a blueprint for creating an eating disorder.

Actually you don't even have to change a lot of the language here, because the basic idea in maintaining weight loss is the same in inspiring weight loss. You've got to make changes in your life--in other words, you've got to behave in eating-disordered ways--in order to lose weight.

Frequent weighing, rigid eating behaviors, obsessive attention to dietary details. Yup. Sounds like an eating disorder to me.

And since this is, after all, a week when we are supposed to become more aware of eating disorders, I encourage you to go out and eat something and then not write it down. Have a second helping. Don't weigh yourself. Eat what you feel like. Stop when you're done.

In other words, eat normally--if we can even remember what that means.
Head on over a read the rest of this post.....sure makes sense to me....eat normally...what a concept...

1 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks for the link, Bama. I do agree that the talk of an obesity epidemic is a blueprint for creating an eating disorder! I've never heard it put quite that way before.
OYB
My blog: Kimorexia